What Documents Will I Need?

Below is a list of the documents commonly needed to support the information contained in your loan application.

  • Copies of your two (2) most recent year’s Federal Income Tax Returns, with all schedules attached, including W-2’s, 1099’s, and K-1’s.
  • Copies of your most recent pay stubs covering 30 days to verify income and employment.
  • Pay Frequency

    Number of Pay Stubs Required


    4 Most Recent Pay Stubs


    3 Most Recent Pay Stubs


    2 Most Recent Pay Stubs


    1 Most Recent Pay Stub

  • If you are retired and receive income from Social Security and/or pensions, please provide a copy of your most recent Social Security Awards Letter and a copy of your retirement awards letter or some other documentation to include the name and address of your provider.
  • Copies of all pages of your two (2) most recent statements or your most recent quarterly statement for all bank accounts, investment accounts and retirement accounts. We must have the full account statement with all pages.
  • If you are selling any real estate (including the subject property), please provide the listing agreement, sales contract, or HUD-1 Settlement Statement, whichever applies.
  • If you own any real estate properties, please provide the Declaration Page of the hazard and flood insurance policies, a copy of your most recent property tax bill, and amounts due to any homeowner’s associations.
  • Copies of your most recent mortgage statements for all real estate loans and/or equity lines of credit.
  • A copy of the sales agreement and earnest money check for the property you are purchasing.
  • Copies of your driver’s license (or official identification) and social security card.
  • A copy of a Divorce Decree or Separation Agreement, all pages (if applicable).
  • A copy of a Trust Agreement, all pages (if applicable).
  • If you have been renting, provide the name, address and phone number of any landlords for the past 24 months.
  • If you are self-employed or own 25% or more of any company, please provide copies of your corporate tax returns, S Corporation returns and/or Form 1065 (K-1) for partnerships for the past two (2) years. A year-to-date profit and loss and balance sheet signed by you or your accountant are also required.
  • (FOR VA LOANS) Copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility and/or a copy of your VA form DD214

    You may send the information in one group or in multiple pieces as you collect it, whichever is most convenient. Please return your documentation in one of the following ways:


    Email Address

    Scan and email to Lori MacDonell: lori.macdonell@citizensone.com

    e-Fax Number

    (844) 206-6575

    Overnight Address

    (UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS)

    7 Office Way, Suite 206

    Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

    Physical Drop Off

    7 Office Way, Suite 206

    Hilton Head Island, SC 29928


    Download the Welcome Package

    You may download a complete Welcome Package in PDF format that contains the list above along with additional information about the loan process by clicking here:
    Download Welcome Package (in PDF format)